Welcome to Fraser Valley Orthodontics! Here you'll find information for both returning and new patients.
What to Expect: Your First Visit
During the first consultation appointment with our team, you will meet with one of our doctors and new patient coordinator, and have digital photographs taken.
After a full review your health and dental history, one of our orthodontists will examine you thoroughly so that an accurate assessment of your orthodontic treatment needs can be made.
We will explain the orthodontic process, present you with a video which demonstrates the various steps of evaluation and record taking.
We will then review the orthodontic treatment options, length of treatment and costs involved.
Most importantly, we will address any of the questions and concerns you have.
Both the patient and parent of our younger patients (preferably both parents) should be present at this time, since the responsibilities of all parties involved will be discussed.
Scheduling, Reminders & Cancellations
We respect your time and always try our best to stay on schedule. Automated email appointment reminders will be sent one week in advance, and again one day in advance of your visit. To cancel or postpone your appointment, we respectfully ask that you provide us with as much notice as possible to reschedule.
What is included in your first consultation?
- Personal orthodontic consultation
- Review of medical & dental history
- Facial exam
- Intraoral exam
- Gum disease screening
- Oral cancer screening
- Extra-oral pictures, if indicated
- Smile aesthetics analysis
- Upper and lower jaw size analysis in three planes of space
- Tooth eruption and sequence of eruption analysis
- Bite & tooth crowding analysis
- Jaw joint exam
- Addressing of your primary concerns
- Review of treatment options
- Discuss the options for braces or appliances that would fit your case
- Approximate length of treatment
- Presentation of fees, interest-free monthly payments, and insurance inquiries
Fees & Payment
We strive to provide you with accurate and thorough estimates of our fees before providing any treatment. We will never charge you more than the amount of our estimate without advising you first.
We accept payment by direct deposit from your insurance company, e-transfer, cash, debit, or Visa or MasterCard.
Please feel free to ask us for more information, or to discuss individual financial arrangements for you and your family.
Health Smart Financial Services Inc.™ offers an easy-to use extended financing option for your oral health needs.